It’s time to Dare to Care in the Workplace
When you build your business relationships on a foundation of kindness and love, all else follows. In Dare to Care, Kathleen Quinn Votaw teaches business leaders how to put people first by focusing on the employee experience as much as they focus on the customer experience to find the sweet spot of success. In this book, she helps employers and employees navigate the new way to work—from home, or anywhere, together.
Building Your Camelot
Sharpen Your Engagement Skills
Practice people-centered leadership, showing empathy, passion, and concern for the well-being of your people first, before anything else. Know that you hire a human with all their complexities and relationships.
- Explain your WHYs; people want to know.
- Listen to employees when defining return-to-work plans.
- Do not mandate that people return to work on-site; invite or request instead, and let individuals choose what works best for them.
- Have the courage to be authentic, vulnerable, and consistently transparent.
- Recognize and reward people in the way they personally prefer to be celebrated.
- Understand that as a leader it is okay not to know.
- Be aware of trends, and spend time building your Camelot Community.
It takes everyone at a company working together to create a supportive employee experience. As you read this book, take time to reflect on how your role fits into this new dynamic. Do not just read. Think. Ask questions. Take action.
Dare to Care will show you:
- When you have finished reading this book, you’ll have actionable ideas on:
- Leading with respect
- Modeling and fostering transparency
- Using empathy to enhance employee experience
- Creating a Camelot Community that inspires, motivates, and supports your employees
“In Dare to Care in the Workplace, Kathleen Quinn Votaw serves as your guide to navigate uncertainty and continuous change. Amidst all of the chaos, leaders who rely on guiding principles while committing to respecting the individual can look ahead and see a year Filled with ongoing learning, improved collaboration, better results, and even the potential of reaching the Camelot Community!”
—SAM REESE CEO, Vistage Worldwide, Inc.
I wrote this book to help business leaders understand that both workplaces and leadership have forever changed, and all the skills that applied throughout our recovery will apply long into the future. This quick read will show you how. Available for purchase on Amazon in hardcover, eBook, or audiobook.
Why should you read this book?
In Dare to Care In The Workplace, Kathleen Quinn Votaw shares her signature plan for creating people-centric, relationship based workplaces where employees replace the nine-to-five work mentality with purpose and personal fulfillment.
By reading Dare to Care In The Workplace you’ll learn the value of …
- breaking the status quo,
- shifting into a strong company culture,
- cultivating a workplace that values empathy, and
- building a solid community that can withstand any storm.
It takes everyone at a company working together to create a supportive employee experience. Put people first, and all else follows.